Thursday 30 June 2011

Back to the Basics - 1

    This one is for a good friend of mine, LP. She is the one who planted the idea of this Blogspot in my head, so I figure the least i can do is help a girl out :P

    LP likes hockey, has watched the Canucks before but has never really learned the game of hockey or gotten to know the Canucks players. She started to follow my Canucks posts on Facebook and her interest in the Canucks started to grow. She started calling me and texting me asking me questions about the Canucks,  the games & hockey in general. So I am hoping this 'Back to the Basics' blog will help LP and others like her to understand the game and players more, which will then help build their interest in the game and make it as enjoyable for them, as it is for me.
     I'll run the Back to the Basics over time, adding to it slowly so as not to overload with info . We have until September to learn everything we need to know for the 2011/2012 season so let's learn and enjoy.

     I guess I'll start with Mike Gillis, the General Manager since 2009/2010. He would be what I call the Bossman. He makes the big moves like trades, contracts and draft picks. Personally, I like the guy. I think he has made some great moves and has been building a team we can be proud of for years to come. ( Mike is also President of Canucks Sports & Entertainment.. which has to do with the marketing, sponsorship, ticket sales etc )

   Below Mike Gillis aka MG, we have Alain Vigneault aka A.V. Head Coach of the Canucks since 2006/2007.  I absolutely love A.V ! He gets a lot of hate from some fans which I just don't understand. During this last playoff run, A.V took much criticism from fans but I'll save that story for another day . You'll get to know A.V through my blogs with videos, pictures, articles and more. ( and for you ladies, he is really rather handsome ;) )

     We also have a few assistant coaches, a goalie coach, a skills coach, scouting staff, training staff, sleep doctors and the medical staff. Yes, our boys are very well cared for.

      Last but most definitely not least , the players.  With trades & re-signings going on , the roster will be changing and I will do my best to keep it updated.
Usually the Goalies are listed last on any team roster, but because I have a 'thing' for a certain goalie, Im putting him first ;)

Our Goalies -
#1.   Roberto Luongo  
#35.  Cory Scheider

Our Forwards - ( Left wing, Center & Right wing )   
#17.  Ryan Kesler       
#22.  Daniel Sedin
#33.   Henrik Sedin
#14.   Alexandre Burrow
#40.   Maxim Lapierre
#27.   Manny Malhotra
#21.   Mason Raymond
#36.   Jannik Hansen
#20.   Christopher Higgin
#39.   Cody Hodgson
#38.   Victor Oreskovich
#26.   Mikael Samuelsson


Our Defense - 
#29.   Aaron Rome
#41.   Andrew Alberts
# 3.    Kevin Bieksa
# 2.    Dan Hamhuis
#18.   Christopher Tanev
# 6.    Sami Salo
# 4.    Keith Ballard
#23.    Alexander Edler
 ( with re-signings & trades going on, this roster will change & be updated but it will be here for future reference for those who need it )

   The next Back to Basics will cover positions , lines & some basic rules.





Please feel free to comment with any questions or ideas you want me to touch base on.  Comments can be done anonymously and you do not have to sign in or follow me to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment